Header Ads Widget

Jesus in Jerusalem, the healing of a sick man in the pool of Bethesda - John 5

Jesus in Jerusalem, the healing of a sick man in the pool of Bethesda
1 - After this there was a feast among the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2 - Now there is in Jerusalem near the sheep's gate a tank, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, which hath five porches.
3 - In these lay a great multitude of sick, blind, lame, and rested, waiting for the movement of water.
4 - For an angel came at a certain time into the pool, and stirred up the water; and the first one who descended there, after the movement of the water, would be healed of any illness he had.
5 And there was a man there who had been sick for thirty-eight years.
6 - And when Jesus saw that he was lying down, and knew that he had been in this state a long time, he said unto him, Wilt thou become whole?
7 - And the sick man said unto him, Lord, I have no man that, when the water is troubled, put me in the pool; but as I go, another goes down before me.
8 Jesus saith unto him, Arise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9 - And immediately the man was made whole; and took up his couch, and walked. And that day was Saturday.
10 - And the Jews said unto him that was healed: It is the sabbath day, it is not lawful for thee to carry the bed.
11 - And he said unto them, He that healed me, he himself said, Take up thy bed, and walk.
12 - And they asked him, saying, Who is the man that said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
13 - And he that was healed did not know who he was; because Jesus had withdrawn, because there was a great multitude in that place.
14 - And Jesus met him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art already whole; do not sin any more, lest something worse should happen to you.
15 - And the man went and told the Jews that Jesus was the healer.

Honoring Father and Son
16 - And because of this the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to put him to death, because he did these things on the sabbath day.
17 - And Jesus said unto them, My Father works until now, and I work also.
18 - Therefore the Jews further sought to slay him, for he not only broke the sabbath, but also said that God was his own Father, making himself equal with God.
19 - But Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son by himself can do nothing, except he see the Father doing it; for whatsoever he doeth, the Son doeth likewise.
20 - For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all that he doeth; and he will show you greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21 - For as the Father quickeneth the dead, and quickeneth them: even so the Son quickeneth them whomsoever he will.
22 - And the Father judgeth no man, but hath given all judgment to the Son;
23 - That all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not enter into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.
25 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they that hear shall live.
26 - For as the Father hath life in himself, even so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And he gave him the power to exercise judgment, for he is the Son of man.
28 - Marvel not at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.
29 - And they that have done good will come forth unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil for the resurrection of damnation.
30 - I can not do anything of myself. As I hear, so I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek not my will, but the will of the Father who sent me.
31 - If I testify of myself, my testimony is not true.
32 There is another that testifies of me, and I know that the testimony which he gives of me is true.
33 - And ye sent messengers unto John, and he bare record of the truth.
34 - But I receive not the testimony of a man; but I say this, that you may be saved.
35 - It was the lamp that burneth and burneth, and ye would have rejoiced a little while with its light.
36 - But I have a greater testimony than that of John; for the works which the Father hath given me to do, the same works that I do, testify of me, which the Father hath sent me.
37 - And the Father which sent me hath testified of me. You have never heard his voice, nor seen his opinion.
38 - And his word abideth not in you: for in him whom he hath sent, ye believe not.
39 - You search the Scriptures, because ye think ye have eternal life in them, and it is they that testify of me;
40 And ye will not come to me to have life.
41 - I receive not the glory of men;
42 - But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43 - I have come in the name of my Father, and ye accept me not; if another comes in his own name, you will accept it.
44 - How can you believe, receiving honor from one another, and not seeking the honor that comes from God alone?
45 - Take heed that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one accusing you, Moses, in whom you hope.
46 - For if ye believed Moses, ye would believe in me; for he wrote of me.
47 - But if ye will not believe his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários