Header Ads Widget

Jesus multiplies the loaves and fishes, walks on the waters, and is the bread of life - John 6

The multiplication of the loaves
1 - After this Jesus departed to the other side of the sea of ​​Galilee, which is that of Tiberias.
2 - And a great multitude followed him, because he saw the signs that he wrought upon the sick.
3 - And Jesus went up into the mount, and sat there with his disciples.
4 - And the passover, the feast of the Jews, was nigh.
5 - Then Jesus lifted up his eyes, and saw a great multitude coming to him, and said to Philip, Where shall we buy bread, that they may eat?
6 But he said this to try it; because he well knew what he would do.
7 - And Philip said unto him, Two hundred loaves of bread shall not be sufficient for them, that every one may take some.
8 - And one of his disciples, Andrew the brother of Simon Peter, said unto him,
9 - There is a young man that hath five barley loaves and two small fish; but what is this for so many?
10 - And Jesus said, Let the men sit down. And there was a lot of grass in that place. So the men numbered almost five thousand.
11 - And Jesus took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, he divided them for the disciples, and the disciples for them that sat: and also of the fish, as much as they wanted.
12 - And when they were full, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13 And they gathered them, and filled twelve baskets of the five loaves of barley, which were left over to them that had eaten.
14 - And when these men saw the miracle that Jesus had done, they said, This is truly the prophet that was to come into the world.

Jesus walks on the water
15 - When Jesus therefore knew that they would come to take him away, that they might make him king, he went away alone to the mountain.
16 - And when evening had come, his disciples went down into the sea.
17 - And as they entered into the ship, they crossed over the sea toward Capernaum; and it was already dark, and yet Jesus was not at their feet.
18 - And the sea arose, for a great wind blew.
19 - And when they had sailed about twenty-five or thirty stages, they saw Jesus, walking on the sea, and approaching the ship; and feared.
20 - But he said unto them, I am he; fear ye not.
21 - And they received him in the ship with a good mind; and soon the boat reached the land where they were going.

Jesus, the bread of life
22 And the multitude that was on the other side of the sea saw that there was not more than a little boat there but the one where the disciples had come in, and that Jesus had not come with his disciples into that boat, but that his disciples had gone alone.
23 - (But other boats came from Tiberias, near the place where they ate the bread, and the Lord gave thanks).
24 - And when the multitude saw that Jesus was not there, nor his disciples, they came also into the ships, and went to Capernaum to seek Jesus.
25 - And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said to him, Rabbi, when did you come here?
26 - Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not for the signs which ye saw, but for ye did eat of the bread, and were filled.
27 - Work not for the food that perisheth, but for the food that endures to everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give you; for to him the Father, the God, sealed him.
28 - And they said unto him, What shall we do to do the works of God?
29 - Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30 - And they said unto him, What sign then thou doest, that we may see him, and believe in thee? What do you operate?
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, as it is written, He gave them to eat bread from heaven.
32 - And Jesus saith unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses hath not given you the bread of heaven; but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
33 - For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life to the world.
34 - And they said unto him, Lord, give us this bread always.
35 - And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life; He that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 - But I have told you that ye also have seen me, and yet you believe not.
37 - All that the Father giveth me will come to me; and he that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 - For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 - And the will of the Father which hath sent me is this: That none of them that he gave me should perish, but that he raise him up at the last day.
40 - For the will of him that sent me is this: that every one that seeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus Speaks to the Jews
41 - The Jews therefore murmured unto him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
42 - And they said, Is not this Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How then does he say, I came down from heaven?
43 - And Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 - It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Therefore, everyone who heard and learned from the Father comes to me.
46 Not that any man shall see the Father, except he that is God's; he has seen the Father.
47 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48 - I am the bread of life.
49 - And your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
50 - This is the bread that cometh down from heaven, that whosoever eats thereof shall not perish.
51 - I am the living bread which came down from heaven; If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52 - And the Jews disputed among themselves, saying, How can this man give his flesh to eat?
53 - And Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 - He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 - For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 - He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him.
57 - As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father, so he that eateth me shall also live for me.
58 - This is the bread that came down from heaven; it is not the case of your fathers, who ate the manna and died; whoever eats this bread will live forever.
59 - And he spake these things in the synagogue, teaching in Capernaum.

Desertion of many disciples
60 - And many of his disciples, when they heard these things, said, This is a hard speech; who can hear it?
61 - When Jesus therefore knew in himself that his disciples murmured this, he said unto them, Is this a scandal unto you?
62 - What, then, if you would see the Son of Man ascending to where he was at first?
63 - The spirit giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing; the words that I speak to you are spirit and life.
64 - But there are some of you that do not believe. For Jesus knew well from the beginning, who created not, and who was to betray him.
65 - And he said, Therefore I said unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it be granted by my Father.
66 - And from that time many of his disciples went back, and were no longer with him.
67 - And Jesus said unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 - And Simon Peter answered him, saying, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words for the eternal life.
69 And we have believed and known that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 - And Jesus said unto him, Have I not chosen you twelve? and one of you is a devil.
71 - And this he said of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon; because he would deliver it, being one of the twelve.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários