Header Ads Widget

The strife of the LORD with his people - Micah 6


The strife of the LORD with his people
1 - Now I have heard the words of the LORD, Arise, contend with the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice.
2 - Hear, O mountains, the LORD'S request, and you, the strong foundations of the earth; for Jehovah hath an issue with his people, and with Israel he shall be brought into judgment.
3 - O my people; What have I done to you? And what have I been upset with? Testify against me.
4 For I brought you up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you from the house of bondage; and sent before thee Moses, and Aaron, and Miriam.
5 - My people, remember now what Balak the king of Moab consulted, and Balaam the son of Beor answered him, and what happened from Shittim to Gilgal, that you might know the righteousness of the LORD.
6 - How shall I come unto the LORD, and bow myself before the most high God? Shall I present myself before him with burnt offerings, with yearling calves?
7 - Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousand streams of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my womb for the sin of my soul?
8 - He hath declared thee, O man, that which is good; and what does the LORD require of thee, but to do righteousness, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with thy God?
9 - The voice of the LORD crieth unto the city, and he that is wise shall see thy name. I heard the rod, and who commanded it.
10 - Is there still in the house of the wicked treasures of wickedness, and a meager measure, which is detestable?
11 - Shall I be cleansed with false scales, and with a bag of deceitful weights?
12 - For their riches are full of violence, and their inhabitants speak lies, and their tongue is deceitful in their mouth.
13 - And I will also weaken thee, and smite thee, and make thee desolate for thy sins.
14 - Thou shalt eat, but thou shalt not be satisfied, and thy humiliation shall be in the midst of thee; thou shalt remove thy goods, but thou shalt not deliver; and whatsoever thou shalt deliver, I will deliver it with the sword.
15 - Thou shalt sow, but thou shalt not reap; You shall tread the olive, but you shall not anoint yourself with oil; and you shall tread the wine, but you shall not drink wine.
16 - For the statutes of Omri, and all the work of the house of Ahab, are observed, and ye walk in their counsels; that I may make thee a desolation, and of its inhabitants a whistle; so shalt thou bring the reproach of my people upon you.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários