Header Ads Widget

The complaint of the people of God - Micah 7


The complaint of the people of God
1 - Woe to me! for I am made like the harvests of summer fruit, as the grapes of the vintage; there is no cluster of grapes to eat, nor any figs that my soul longs for.
2 - A merciful man has perished from the earth, and there is none righteous among men; all lay wait for blood; each one hunt his brother with the net,
3 - Their hands do evil diligently; so the prince demands, and the judge judges for the reward, and the great speech of the corruption of his soul, and so they all weave the evil.
4 - The best of them is like a thorn; The righteous is worse than the hedge of thorns; the day of your watchmen has come, the day of your punishment has come; now it will be your confusion.
5 - Believe not in a friend, neither trust in your guide; of the one that rests in your bosom, keep the doors of your mouth.
6 - For the son despiseth to the father, the daughter riseth against his mother, the daughter-in-law against his mother-in-law, the enemies of the man are those of his own house.
7 But I will look upon the LORD; I will wait on the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.
8 O my enemy, rejoice not over me; though I have fallen, I will arise; if you live in darkness, the LORD will be my light.
9 - I will suffer the wrath of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he shall judge my case, and execute my right; he will take me to the light, and I will see his righteousness.
10 - And my enemy shall see it, and the shame shall cover it, which saith unto me, Where is the LORD thy God? My eyes shall behold it; now it shall be trodden down like the mire of the streets.
11 - In the day that thou buildest thy walls, that day shall be far off, and the stature shall be lengthened.
12 - In that day shall he come unto thee, from Assyria and fortified cities, and from fortified cities to the river, and from the sea to the sea, and from the mountain to the mountain.
13 - But this land shall be a desolation because of the inhabitants thereof, because of the fruit of their doings.
14 - Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thy inheritance, that dwelleth in the forest in the midst of Carmel; feed yourselves in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
15 - I will show you wonders, as in the days of your coming out of the land of Egypt.
16 - The nations shall see it, and be ashamed, because of all their might; they shall put their hand upon their mouths, and their ears shall be deaf.
17 - They shall lick the dust like a serpent, like worms of the earth, trembling, out of their hiding places; they shall fear the LORD our God, and they shall be afraid of thee.
18 - Who is God like unto thee, who forgiveth iniquity, and passeth over the rebellion of the remnant of his inheritance? He does not hold back his anger forever, because he delights in his mercy.
19 - He will have compassion on us again; He will subdue our iniquities, and you will cast all your sins into the depths of the sea.
20 - Thou shalt give unto Jacob faithfulness, and to Abraham the mercy which thou swarest unto our fathers from the days of old.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários