Header Ads Widget

God promises to punish from several peoples - Zechariah 9

God promises to punish from several peoples
1 - THE WEIGHT of the word of the LORD against the land of Hadrach, and Damascus, his rest; for the eyes of man, and of all the tribes of Israel, turn unto the LORD.
2 - And Hamath also, that lieth with it, and Tire and Sidon, though they be wiser.
3 - And Tire buildeth for himself strongholds, and heapth up silver as dust, and gold as fine as the mire of the streets.
4 - Behold, the Lord shall plunder her, and shall smite her in the sea, and she shall be consumed with fire.
5 - Ascalon shall see and fear him; also Gaza, and will be in great pain; equally Ecrom; for his hope shall be confounded; and the king of Gaza shall perish, and Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
6 - And a bastard shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
7 - And out of his mouth I will take away his blood, and his abominations from his teeth; and he shall remain as a remnant to our God; and he shall be ruler over Judah, and Ekron as a Jebusite.
8 - And I will encamp round about my house, against the host, that no man go in, nor come back; that the oppressor may not pass over them again; because now I have seen with my eyes.
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; rejoice, O daughter of Jerusalem; behold, thy king shall come unto thee, righteous and poor, and poor, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
10 - And I will cut off the chariots from Ephraim, and the horses from Jerusalem; and the bow of war shall be destroyed, and he shall declare peace to the Gentiles; and his dominion shall be from sea to sea, and from the river to the ends of the earth.
11 - And as for thee, because of the blood of thy covenant, I have delivered thy prisoners from the pit where there was no water.
12 - Return to the stronghold, O ye prisoners of hope; even today I declare to you that I will restore you double.
13 - Because I bowed down Judah to me, I filled the bow with Ephraim; I will raise up thy children, O Zion, against thy children, O Greece! And I will put thee, O Zion, as the sword of a mighty one.
14 And the LORD shall be seen upon them, and his arrows shall go forth as the lightning; and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with the whirlwinds of the south.
15 - The LORD of hosts shall preserve them; they shall devour, after they have subdued them, the stones of the sling; they will drink and make noise as if aroused by wine; and they shall be filled as the basins of sacrifice, as the corners of the altar.
16 - And the LORD their God shall save them in that day, as the flock of his people: for as the stones of a crown shall they shine in their land.
17 - For how great is thy goodness! And how great is his beauty! The wheat will make the young men flourish and the virgin wine.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários