Header Ads Widget

Resurrection and appearance of Jesus and the unbelief of Thomas - João 20

Resurrection of Jesus Christ
1 And on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb at dawn, while it was still dark, and she saw the stone taken from the sepulcher.
2 - And he ran and went to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said unto them, They have taken the Lord out of the sepulcher, and we know not where they have laid him.
3 - And Peter went out with the other disciple, and went to the sepulcher.
4 - And the two ran together, but the other disciple ran faster than Peter, and came first to the sepulcher.
5 - And he stooped down, and saw the sheets on the ground; yet he did not enter.
6 - And Simon Peter came and followed him, and went into the sepulcher, and saw the sheets on the floor,
7 - And the handkerchief, which was upon his head, was not with the sheets, but rolled up in a place apart.
8 - And the other disciple also came in, and came first to the sepulcher, and saw, and believed.
9 - For they knew not the Scripture, that it was necessary that he should rise from the dead.
10 - And the disciples returned home.

Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene
11 - And Mary was weeping outside by the sepulcher. And when she wept, she bowed down to the sepulcher.
12 And he saw two angels clothed in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and the other at the feet.
13 - And they said unto him, Woman, why are you weeping? And she said unto them, Because they have taken my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14 - And when he had said this, he turned back, and saw Jesus standing, but he knew not that it was Jesus.
15 - Jesus saith unto him, Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for? And she said to him, Lord, if thou hast borne him, tell me where thou hast set him, and I will bring him.
16 - Jesus saith unto her, Mary! And she turned and said unto him, Rabboni, which is to say, Master.
17 - Jesus saith unto him, Stop me not; for I have not yet ascended unto my Father, but go unto my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, my God, and your God.
18 - And Mary Magdalene went and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had told her this.

Jesus appears to the disciples
19 - And it came to pass on the evening of that day, the first day of the week, and the gates were closed, where the disciples were afraid of the Jews, and Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said unto them, Peace be unto you. with you.
20 - And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his side. So the disciples rejoiced, seeing the Lord.
21 - And Jesus saith unto them again, Peace be unto you; As the Father has sent me, so I send you.
22 - And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.
23 - For whomsoever sins are forgiven, they are forgiven them; and those to whom you retain them are withheld.

The unbelief of Thomas
24 - Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 - And the other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said to them, If I do not see the sign of the nails in his hands, and do not put my finger in the place of the nails, and do not lay my hand on his side, I will not believe it.
26 - And after eight days, his disciples were inside again, and with them was Thomas. And Jesus came, and the doors were shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 - And he said unto Thomas, Put thy finger here, and see my hands; and get into thine hand, and lay it at my side; and be not faithless, but believing.
28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord, and my God!
29 - Jesus saith unto him, Because thou sawest me, Thomas, thou hast believed; Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
30 - And Jesus did many other signs before his disciples, which are not written in this book.
31 - But these were written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing ye might have life in his name.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários