Header Ads Widget

Book of Revelation of John the Evangelist


1 - REVELATION of Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his servants the things that are soon to happen; and by his angel he sent them, and notified them to John his servant;
2 - Who testified of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all that he has seen.
3 - Blessed is he who reads, and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep the things that are written on it; because the time is near.

John dedicates the book of Revelation to the seven churches of Asia
4 - John, to the seven churches in Asia: Grace and peace be with you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne;
5 - And on the part of Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his blood,
6 - And he made us kings and priests to God and his Father; glory and power to him forever and ever. Amen.
7 - Behold, he comes with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over him. Yes, Amen.
8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, says the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

John sees in a vision the power and glory of the Lamb of God
9 - I, John, who am also your brother, and a companion in affliction, and in the kingdom, and the patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island called Patmos, because of the word of God, and because of the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 - I was caught up in the Spirit on the day of the Lord, and I heard a great voice behind me, like a trumpet,
11 - Who said: I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; and what you see, write it in a book, and send it to the seven churches in Asia: Ephesus, and Smyrna, and Pergamum, and Thyatira, and Sardis, and Philadelphia, and Laodicea.
12 - And I turned to see who was talking to me. And as I turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 - And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one similar to the Son of Man, dressed to the feet in a long garment, and girded by the breasts with a gold belt.
14 - And his head and hair were white like white wool, like snow, and his eyes like a flame of fire;
15 - And their feet, like shiny brass, as if they had been refined in a furnace, and their voice like the voice of many waters.
16 - And he had seven stars in his right hand; and a sharp two-edged sword came out of his mouth; and his face was like the sun, when it shines in its strength.
17 - And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead; and he put his right hand on me, saying to me, Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last;
18 - And what I live and I was killed, but here I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys to death and hell.
19 - Write down the things you have seen, and the things that are, and the things that will happen after these;
20 - The mystery of the seven stars, which you saw in my right hand, and of the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven candlesticks, which you have seen, are the seven churches.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários