Header Ads Widget

Exhortation to repentance, and promise of forgiveness - Hosea 14


1 - convert, O Israel, to the Lord thy God; Because for your sins you have fallen.
2 - take with you words, and I have converted you unto the Lord; Say to him: Take away all iniquity, and accept what is good; And we will offer as steers the sacrifices of our lips.
3 - it will not save us the Assiria, we will not mount on horses, and the work of our hands shall no longer say: Thou art our God; Because by you the orphan reaches mercy.
4 - i will heal your infidelity, I will willingly love you; Because my wrath has parted from them.
5 - i will be to Israel as the dew. It will bloom like the lily and cast its roots like Lebanon.
6 - they will extend their branches, and their glory shall be like that of the olive tree, and their fragrance as that of Lebanon.
7 - they will return those who dwell beneath their shadow; will be vivified as wheat, and bloom as the vide; Your memory will be like the wine of Lebanon.
8 - ephraim will say: What else do I have with idols? I have heard him, and I will take care of him; I am like the green beech; Of me is found your fruit.
9 - who is wise to understand these things? Who's prudent, so you know? For the ways of the Lord are upright, and the righteous will walk in them, but the transgressors will fall.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários