Header Ads Widget

The vision of the locust, and vision the plumb.


The visions
1 - And the LORD God hath shewed me, and behold, he made grasshoppers in the beginning of the bud of the latter herb, and, behold, it was the latter herb after the king's harvest.
2 And it came to pass, when they had eaten the grass of the ground, I said, Lord, God, forgive; who will raise up Jacob? because he is small.
3 - And the LORD repented it. It shall not come to pass, saith the LORD.
4 - Thus saith the Lord GOD unto me, Behold, the Lord God hath cried to fight with fire; he consumed the great deep, and also a part of the earth.
5 - And I said, Lord God, cease, I beseech thee; who will raise up Jacob? because it is small.
6 - And the LORD repented thereof. Neither shall this be, saith the Lord Jehovah.
7 - And he shewed me this: and, behold, Jehovah was upon a wall, which was lifted up; and had a plumb in his hand.
8 - And the LORD said unto me, What seest thou, Amos? And I said: A plumb. And the LORD said, Behold, I will set the plumb in the midst of my people Israel; I will never go through it again.
9 - But the high places of Isaac shall be desolate, and the sanctuaries of Israel destroyed; and I will rise with the sword against the house of Jeroboam.
10 - And Amaziah the priest of Bethel sent to Jeroboam king of Israel, saying, Amos hath conspired against thee in the midst of the house of Israel; the earth can not suffer all its words.
11 - For thus saith Amos: Jeroboam shall die by the sword, and Israel will certainly be taken out of his land in captivity.
12 - And Amaziah said unto Amos, Go thy way, O seer, and flee to the land of Judah, and there eat the bread, and prophesy there;
13 - But do not prophesy in Bethel any more, for it is the sanctuary of the king and the royal house.
14 - And Amos answered, saying unto Amaziah, I am not a prophet, nor a prophet's son, but a shepherd, and a cultivator of sycamores.
15 - But the LORD hath taken me from following the flock, and the LORD hath said unto me, Go, and prophesy unto my people Israel.
16 - And now hear the word of Jehovah: Thou sayest, Prophesy not against Israel, nor speak against the house of Isaac.
17 - Therefore thus saith the LORD; Thy wife shall be a harlot in the city, and thy sons and thy daughters shall fall by the sword, and thy land shall be divided in the line, and thou shalt die in the unclean land; and Israel shall surely be taken captive out of the land. their land.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários